How would you like to be able to grow your own vegetables, then cook some of our tasty recipes with them? It's not as difficult as you might think, and you can grow some veggies with very little space.
- Pick a sunny spot! Most vegetables need as much sun as they can soak up to grow. Some plants may need shade you can check on the seeds or plants
- Keep it weed free! Weeds provide a great place for slugs and snails to hide (we don't want them eating your veggies before you get to!) Weed the area before planting, then keep on top of it each day by pulling any new ones up at the root
- Check your soil! Most garden soil will be fine for growing vegetables, however if your soil is very thin, or has lots of stones, you may be best planting in pots
- Follow instructions! Make sure you follow the instructions on the seed packets - they will give you the best advice on where and when to plant your vegetables
- Have fun! Planting is a great way to get the whole family involved, and once you start seeing those vegetables grow you can pick what you will make first.