Fruit and vegetables:
- Are packed with vitamins and minerals;
- Help maintain a healthy weight;
- Help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and some cancers;
Fresh, frozen, dried, tinned or 100% juice all count!
What is a portion?
- Fresh fruit: 2 small fruits e.g. plums, 1 medium e.g. apple or ½ large fruit e.g. grapefruit;
- Dried fruit: 1 tablespoon raisins, sultanas etc.;
- Tinned fruit: Same portion size as fresh;
- Frozen fruit: Same portion size as fresh;
- Juiced fruit: 150ml of 100% juice or smoothie (only counts once a day);
- Green veg: 2 broccoli spears, 4 heaped tablespoons of beans;
- Cooked veg: 3 heaped tablespoons, e.g. carrots, peas;
- Salad: 2 inch (thumb length) piece cucumber, 7 cherry tomatoes;
- Pulses and beans: 3 heaped tablespoons e.g. baked beans, kidney beans, lentils (only count once a day).
Download this resource: