Perfect for Autumn evenings (or after a roast dinner!)
- Weighing scales
- Vegetable peeler
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Ovenproof dish
- Measuring spoons
- Metal spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Oven gloves
- 2 large cooking apples
- 100g blackberries
- 2 x 15ml spoons water
- 1 x 15ml spoon sugar
- 50g unsaturated fat spread
- 100g plain flour
- 50g oats
- 50g demerara OR caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan or gas mark 4.
- Peel and chop the apples into small 2cm pieces. Wash the blackberries.
- Place the fruit into the bottom of the ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the water and sugar.
- Now make the crumble topping. Place the spread in a mixing bowl with the flour and oats.
- Using clean hands, rub the spread into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Scatter the crumble mixture on top of the fruit.
- Place in the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the crumble topping is golden.
- When cooked, remove from the oven using oven gloves.