Perfect for using up extra apples
5-7 minutes microwave / 30 minutes oven
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Deep oven proof dish or microwaveable bowl
- 4 apples i.e. Granny Smiths
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or sweetener
(NB - It’s best not to give your child honey until they’re one year old)
- If using the oven, preheat to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 5.
- Slice the top off the apples and save for later. Core the apples, leaving the bottom intact (about ½ inch).
- In another bowl, combine lemon juice, honey, raisins, and cinnamon. Divide and spoon the mixture into each of the apples.
- Place the apples in a deep casserole dish or microwavable bowl and replace apple tops.
- Sprinkle with a little brown sugar or sweetener, cover with a plate (this allows the apples to steam, creating the “baked” effect).
- Put in the microwave for 5 minutes, allowing 2 extra minutes if the apples are still hard Alternatively bake uncovered in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, or until apples are tender.
Try different types of dried fruit e.g. sultanas, cranberries and apricots