Roast beef sandwich with loads of healthy extras
- Large bowl
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Small knife for spreading
- 1 carrot
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 cooked beetroot (vacuum packed, grated)
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 8 medium slices of wholemeal bread
- 8 teaspoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 4 x 30g slices of lean roast beef
- Freshly ground pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together the carrot, beetroot and red onion with the vinegar and black pepper.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise.
- Then, top 4 of them with a slice of roast beef.
- Share the salad between them, then cover with the remaining bread to make sandwiches
- Cut in half and tuck in.