Try these scrumptious fluffy muffins, perfect as a breakfast or an afternoon snack.
- Cake cases
- Cake tray
- Weighing scales
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- 150g plain flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 40g low-fat spread
- 100g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
- Put 12 paper bun cases into a cake tray.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, and then stir in the sugar
- Melt low-fat spread in the microwave 10 seconds at time until melted right through.
- In a jug, beat together the milk, egg and melted low-fat spread. Add to the dry ingredients with the blueberries and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and transfer to the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Try using raspberries or cranberries instead of blueberries.
You can always use frozen fruit rather than fresh to save on cost – just remember to get them out of the freezer the night before!