Try our carrot cake, a healthier option for cake lovers!
- Muffin cases
- Muffin tin
- Weighing scales
- Measuring jug
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 75g carrot
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 75ml oil
- 1 small egg
- 100g self raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 50g chopped walnuts (optiona)
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas mark 3.
- Place muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- Grate the carrot and put in a bowl with all of the other ingredients and mix lightly.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 15 -20 minutes or until risen and golden.
If you don’t have a muffin tin use a lined loaf tin and cook for longer - 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer/cocktail stick/knife comes out clean.