A heart-warming delicious soup
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Large saucepan with lid
- Measuring jug
- Weighting scales
- Tin opener
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper finely diced
- 250g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 600ml chicken stock
- 100g canned or frozen sweetcorn
- 100g cooked chicken, chopped
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Dry fry the onion and pepper in a large covered saucepan over a low heat for 3 minutes, until softened. Add the potatoes and stock.
- Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the sweetcorn, chicken and milk and cook gently for 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir the blended cornflour and add it to the soup, stirring until thickened. Add the parsley (if using) and cook for another few moments. Season with ground black pepper, and then serve.