A yummy salad full of goodness, with chicken, pepper and sultanas
- Measuring jug
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Weighing scales
- 120ml vegetable stock
- 100g cous cous
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 25g cooked chicken
- ½ red pepper
- 25g sultanas
- Chop the red pepper and cooked chicken into small chunks.
- Make up the stock using boiling water in a measuring jug following pack instructions.
- Add the cous cous and red peppers and stir, cover the jug and leave for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the oil to the couscous, fluff up with a fork and leave to cool.
- When cold, add the chicken and sultanas, serve or place in a suitable container for eating afterwards.
Add roasted vegetables – cut vegetables of your choosing into large chunks, drizzle with olive oil and season with black pepper. Put in the oven at 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4 for 30 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool and add to your cous cous salad.
Add herbs and spices of your choosing or lemon juice to give more flavour to the couscous