These muffins are a great festive treat and these are under 250 calories each!
- Weighing scales
- 12-hole muffin tin
- Paper muffin case x 12
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug x 2
- Juice squeezer
- 250g self-raising flour
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 1 x 5ml spoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 x 5ml spoons cinnamon
- 85ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 clementines OR 1 orange
- 100-150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 150g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan or gas mark 6.
- Put the paper cases into the muffin tin.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon) in the bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a measuring jug and add the oil
- Grate the zest from the clementines or orange.
- Squeeze the juice from the clementines or orange into another jug. Add the milk until it comes up to the 200ml mark.
- Add the milk and juice to the eggs and oil and mix well. Stir in the zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the dried cranberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, until risen and just golden.