An easy tasty dish, perfect served with rice and peas
- Large dish or bowl for chicken
- Small bowl for mixing marinade
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Roasting tin or non stick frying pan
- 3 – 4 skinless chicken breasts cut in to strips; or 8 drumsticks
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican Jerk seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salad leaves to serve
- Place chicken in a shallow dish.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together in a bowl, and pour over chicken.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes (or longer if preferred).
- Chicken can be roasted in the oven for 20 minutes or fried in a non stick pan, turning occasionally for 20 minutes. If using drumsticks they can be grilled under a moderate grill turning frequently for 25 minutes and covering in marinate each time you turn.
- Serve with some salad leaves!
Chicken can also be thread onto skewers and barbequed