Have fresh bread prepared and cooked in under one hour!
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Weighting scales
- Baking tray
- 450grams whole meal self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs (optional)
- 100grams low fat margarine
- 200millilitres semi skimmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the mixed herbs.
- Rub the margarine into the flour with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and gradually pour in the milk, mixing with your hands to form a soft dough (this shouldn’t be too stiff or too sticky).
- Place the dough on a clean flat floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Shape into a loaf and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 35minutes or until golden brown.