Guacamole is so versatile! Use it as a dip, a sandwich spread, on toast - the list is endless!
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Mixing spoon
- 1 spring onion (optional)
- 1 small lemon (juice only) OR 1 x 15ml spoon bottled lemon juice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 100ml low-fat natural yoghurt
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Wash, top and tail then finely chop the spring onion.
- If using a fresh lemon, slice in half and squeeze the juice.
- Cut the avocado in half down the long side using a sharp knife.
- Twist and separate the two halves. Remove the stone using a spoon.
- Spoon out the flesh and put in a small bowl, immediately add 1 x 15ml spoon of the lemon juice.
- Mash up the avocado using a fork until it is smooth.
- Stir in the yoghurt and spring onion (if using).
- Put the mixture into a small serving dish.
Try adding some chilli powder if you like your guacamole with a bit of heat