Vegetarians and meat-eaters alike will love this hearty and delicious veggie lasagne, which will tickle your taste buds.
- 1 large deep baking dish
- 1 big saucepan
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g soya mince/minced quorn
- Ground black pepper
- 315ml vegetable stock
- 400g plum tin tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 lasagne sheets
For cheese sauce
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 60g reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C
- In a big saucepan, sweat the onion, celery, carrot, courgette, peppers and garlic for around 5 minutes over a low heat then add the mince. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and oregano. Add vegetable stock, season and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Make the cheese sauce. Heat the milk gently with nutmeg and pepper. Mix the cornflour with 50ml milk and whisk cooking for 2-3 minutes until thick. Add the mustard and half the cheese.
- Take a baking dish and start layering up ingredients. Begin with a layer of soya mince, then pasta and finally cheese sauce. Top with the rest of the cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes.