Make a comforting fish pie in a flash, with this super-speedy recipe.
- Tin opener
- Casserole dish
- Cheese grater
- Saucepan with lid
- Potato masher
- Chopping board
- Potato peeler
- Mixing bowl
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 tin tuna fish in brine
- 1 tin mackerel in tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup/tin frozen/tinned corn in water, drained
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 25grams mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre heat oven to gas mark 4/200°C.
- Mix the mackerel and drained tuna with mayonnaise, black pepper and corn.
- Place in a casserole dish, top with prepared potato, add sliced tomatoes to the top with cheese.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes or until cheese browns.
- Serve with a slice of baked garlic bread.
Mackerel is an oily fish - to keep your heart healthy, you should aim to eat at least one portion of oily fish a week!