A smooth vegetable soup full of flavour!
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Measuring jug
- Large saucepan with lid
- Small food processor
- Dessert spoon
- Potato masher (optional)
- 3 leeks
- 1 large potato
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 600 milliliters chicken or vegetable stock, made using a stock cube
- 1 dessert spoon natural yoghurt per person (optional)
- Scrub and cut the leeks into 1cm wide slices.
- Scrub and dice the potato.
- Heat the oil in a large pan then add the leeks and fry in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced potato and stock to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low. Put a lid on the pan.
- Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Let the soup cool and then puree the soup with a blender/processor or use a potato masher to mash down the vegetables.
- Serve the soup reheated.
- If using the yoghurt, place a spoonful of yogurt on the top of each bowl of soup.