A quick, easy to make a crunchy salad and chicken wrap to put in your lunch box.
- Cling film (or container)
- Tortilla Wraps – wholemeal
- Low fat cream cheese
- Cooked chicken - 60grams
- Lettuce leaves
- Thinly spread the cream cheese on the tortilla, but make sure you cover it to the edges!
- Grate the carrot and chop the tomato into pieces.
- Place the chicken, carrot, tomatoes and lettuce into the middle of the wrap.
- Fold in 4 centimetres on each side of the tortilla and then roll lengthways – press down firmly to seal the edges.
- Cut in half and wrap in cling film
Variations: Add your favourite fruits and vegetables to make a delicious wrap – grapes are great with chicken, but you could try tuna and sweetcorn,, houmous and grilled vegetables, or grated cheese with celery, apple and low fat mayonnaise!
The important thing is to ensure you use a spread to hold it all together!!
Top Tips for a Healthy Lunchbox
- Include a drink – water, milk or 100% fruit juice is best
- Make sure you have included at least 2 of your 5 A DAY – add veggie sticks, fruit salad, a piece of fruit or 2 packets of raisins
- Add in a low fat dairy product such as a yoghurt, milk drink or piece of cheese
- Fresh, frozen, dried, 100% fruit juice and canned fruit and veg all count towards your 5 A DAY