Versatile and tasty, beans are perfect for veggie wraps and the whole family is bound to love them.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Wok or large frying pan
- Garlic crusher
- Tin opener
- Measuring jug
- Potato masher
- Measuring spoons
- Large wooden spoon
- 1 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 400grams tin of red kidney beans, drained
- 400grams tinned pinto beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 150 millilitres vegetable stock
- 8 wheat tortilla wraps
- 25grams reduced fat cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the onion and gently cook for 4minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and chilli and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Put the beans in to a large bowl and mash with potato masher, then add them to the pan, with the chopped coriander, black pepper and vegetable stoke. Cook for 5 minutes stirring until soft and pulpy.
- Place tortillas wraps on a baking tray and heat in a warm oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of bean mixture on to tortilla wrap, sprinkle with cheese. Fold in both ends and roll up tightly.