This hearty soup is a great lunch, filling and plenty of your 5-a-day!
- Weighing scales
- Large saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Tin opener
- Sharp knife
- Garlic crusher (optional)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium/large carrot
- ½ stick of celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ x 400 grams can plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- 100 grams spaghetti, broken up
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- 200grams canned sweetcorn
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic.
- Peel and dice the carrot.
- Dice the celery.
- Fry the onion and garlic gently in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and celery and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Drain and chop the tinned tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, broken up spaghetti and mixed herbs.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can always use frozen sweetcorn instead of canned!