These are tasty hot or cold and can be kept for 2 days in the fridge!
- Weighing scales
- Measuring spoons
- Muffin tin
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Medium mixing bowl
- Small bowl or large jug
- Large spoon
- 30ml spoons sunflower oil
- 4 x spring onions
- 150g low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 150g frozen peas
- 2 x 15ml spoons fresh chopped chives OR 1 x 5ml spoon dried chives OR herbs (optional)
- 6 large eggs
- Ground black pepper
- 15ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan or gas mark 4.
- Divide the olive oil equally between the holes in the muffin tin.
- Wash and finely chop the spring onion and divide equally between the holes.
- Put in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Put the peas into a medium bowl and add the grated cheese.
- Chop the herbs and add to the cheese mixture.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl, stir in the water and add to the cheese and peas mix. Add some black pepper to taste (if using)
- Mix with a fork until well mixed.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 holes in the muffin tin and stir each one to mix in the spring onion.
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove the omelettes from the tin
Try adding some cooked bacon, mushrooms or tomatoes to the omelettes - be as creative as you can!