Breakfast muffins make great lunch sized pizza bases
- Chopping Board
- Sharp Knife
- Spreading knife
- Baking tray
- Can opener
- 1 English muffin or wholemeal pitta
- 2 tablespoons tinned tomatoes (drained) or tomato puree or passata
- Your choice of toppings e.g. chopped vegetables, ham, pineapple etc.
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat cheese
- Salad leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Fan 160oC/Gas mark 4.
- Slice the muffin in half
- Thinly spread the muffin/pitta with drained tomatoes/tomato puree/passata.
- Sprinkle on 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Top with your choice of chopped vegetables, ham, pineapple etc.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until hot through and the cheese has melted.
- Serve on a bed of salad.
This is great for kids - get them to decorate their own pizza, but reduce the portion size to one half of a muffin