A quick and simple way to serve this ever-popular pasta dish.
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping Board
- Measuring spoons
- Large covered pan
- Sauce pan
- Kitchen scales
- Garlic crusher (optional)
- ½ onion
- 1 small courgette
- ½ small aubergine
- 50grams button mushrooms
- ½ red peppers
- ½ green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 500grams pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Prepare the vegetable and peel and dice the onion and garlic.
- Remove seeds from peppers and cut into small neat squares.
- Slice the aubergine and cut into small dice, wipe and quarter the mushrooms.
- Cook the onion, garlic, courgette, aubergine, mushrooms and peppers in a large covered pan over a low heat, stirring regularly. When soft add tomatoes, tomato puree and mixed herbs. Bring to the boil, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes to reduce tomatoes and cook out.
- While the sauce cooks slowly, bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain the pasta and tip into serving bowls
- Add the chopped basil to the ratatouille sauce. Pour the sauce over the pasta and serve with grated cheese.