A slightly spicy, super tasty pitta
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Weighing scales
- Thumb sized piece of ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200g Quorn Mince
- 200g of frozen peas
- Spices – ½ teaspoon each of turmeric, ground coriander, cumin powder and chilli powder
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 6 pitta breads
- Slice of lemon and lettuce to garnish
- Finely chop the ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the ginger and garlic, cook gently for 1 minute.
- Add the quorn mince, peas and spices – cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the carrot and pepper and add to the pan.
- Add a cup of water and cook for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Toast the pitta bread under a grill or in a toaster.Slice in half and fill with sauce.
- Garnish with lettuce and lemon.