These chunky, spicy potato wedges and this fresh, healthy salsa dip are a great side dish. Try adding them with your homemade hamburger!
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- 5 medium sized white potatoes (scrubbed)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- To flavour – either keep them plain or add whatever you like best – ground black pepper, chilli flakes, curry powder, mixed herbs
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped into bite size chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Black pepper to season
- Cut the potatoes into wedges
- Place in a bowl with the oil and any flavouring – (about ½ teaspoon). Mix thoroughly and then cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Tip onto a baking tray and cook in an oven at it’s highest heat for 20 minutes.
- To make the salsa – wash and chop the ingredients and then put them all into a bowl and mix gently. Place in the fridge until needed.