A deliciously rich pumpkin soup.
- Weighing scales
- Measuring jug
- Large pan
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- 50 grams butter
- 400 grams pumpkin or squash
- 3 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 litre chicken stock (2 stock cubes)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Peel and cube the pumpkin, peel and dice the potatoes and chop the onions. Add all the vegetables to the pan, cover and sweat over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add all the hot stock, pepper and coriander.
- Cook until tender for about 20 minutes.
- Blend until smooth, if it is too thick add some water.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve with a slice of toasted ciabatta.
Serve with a swirl of cream and some chopped chives.