A much loved classic dish with a healthier twist!
- 2 large pans
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Small mixing bowl
- Weighing scales
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 250g frozen peas (thawed)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 rashers back bacon, fat removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 tbsp low fat fromage frais
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- Small handful fresh chives (optional)
- Chop the bacon. Finely chop the garlic. Chop the chives.
- Boil the spaghetti in a pan for 10-12 minutes. Add the peas to the boiling water 3 minutes before the spaghetti is ready. Drain.
- In another pan, add the bacon and fry until brown. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1 further minute.
- While the bacon is cooking, mix together the egg yolks, fromage frais, sprinkle of black pepper, chopped chives and half the Parmesan.
- Turn the bacon pan down to low. Add the spaghetti and peas and pour over the egg mixture. Coat well. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.