This deliciously fruity smoothie is a great way to get 1 of your 5 a day in at breakfast time
- 280 ml semi-skimmed milk
- Small carton low fat plain or fruit yoghurt
- 1 banana
- Handful of strawberries
- Add the fruit, yoghurt and milk to a blender.
- Switch on the blender for 5 seconds – make sure the lid is on properly!
- Check if the fruit is blended, if not, switch on the blender again until it is smooth
- Pour the smoothies into glasses and serve immediately.
Try these recipes for a different smoothie!
Mixed Berry Smoothie – Blend together 1 packet of frozen mixed berries, 140ml (¼ pint) semi-skimmed milk, 1 banana and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
Peach Smoothie - Blend together 1 tin of peaches in fruit juice, 1 banana and 1 tablespoon of reduced sugar muesli.