This is exactly like your favourite sweet and sour from the local down the road, but with fewer calories! Why not give it a try?
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Can opener
- Small bowl
- Large pan/wok
- Stirring spoon
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring jug
- 1 onion
- 2 peppers
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 150millilitres cold water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oi
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Cut the red pepper into thin strips.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Open the can of pineapple chunks and drain into a jug.
- In a bowl, mix the cornflour with a little pineapple juice to make a paste.
- Stir in the rest of the juice and add the tomato ketchup, soy sauce, white wine vinegar and water.
- Heat a wok or pan on a medium heat and add the oil. Cook for 4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring all the time.
- Add the onion and peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple.
- Add the sauce and stir until the mixture thickens. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.