One of our favourite soups, try our tips to create different flavours
- Large Pan
- Table Spoon
- Measuring Jug
- Stick or Normal Blender
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 handful of basil, chopped finely
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- Cook the onion, carrot, celery and crushed garlic in the olive oil, until softened.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whizz in a blender or use a stick blender to make the soup smooth but keeping a few of the vegetables chunky
- Stir in the low fat Greek yoghurt and basil.
Try different variations of vegetables such as peppers.
You can also add a little chilli to have a Spicy Tomato and Basil Soup.