FREE cooking and physical activity courses
who is it for?
If you live in Sandwell, want to save money on your food shopping, learn new recipes, have fun cooking, and take part in some physical activity, then this is the course for you.
- Free 6 week courses (one session per week)
- Sessions are taking place in venues across Sandwell
- Morning and afternoon sessions available
- To see the available courses click here
Each week we will cook a healthy meal using fresh ingredients which we can eat together or, if you prefer, you can take home! We’ll help prove that eating a healthy and balanced diet can be easy, fun, cost effective and most importantly – tasty!!
The courses will cover a range of food topics through fun activities and games such as:
- The reasons for 5-a-day
- What is Healthy Eating?
- Breakfast, Sugar and Portion size
- Salt and Fat content in foods
- Understanding food labels
- How do we eat healthily on a budget?
- The importance of water for a healthy diet
- Physical activity taster sessions (e.g. Zumba)
It will be fun, a chance to meet new people and an opportunity and share recipe tips and ideas.
Show me the available courses