Healthy eating means including more fresh fruit and vegetables and cutting back on things like fried food, biscuits, salt and sugary drinks. This will help you get to and stay at a healthy weight. It also doesn't mean not having any treats as here at Cook and Eat Well we will show you ways of having delicious and healthy versions.
We have loads of useful tips and resources available about a range of healthy eating topics. Have a look at the fact sheets below.
- The Eatwell Guide - A useful tool that shows which food groups to include with every meal.
- 10 tips for food budgeting - On a budget? Read these tips to eat healthily while spending less.
- 8 tips to eat well - Click here for great ideas for healthier eating.
- A Breakfast Boost - How to get that healthy boost of energy in the morning from some brilliant breakfasts!
- Dietary Restrictions - Here are some top tips if your diet is restricted by gluten or dairy
- Food Labels - Helping to make food labels less confusing
- Food Safety - Want to know how to make sure you are Cooking and Eating Well safely? Click here for our food safety tips
- Food Safety - BBQ Cooking - Make sure you are cooking safely on the BBQ this summer - check out our food safety guide
- Key Facts: 5 a day - Want to know more about fruit and veg? Then read me!
- Key Facts: Fats - Learn all about different fats and which foods they are found in.
- Key Facts: Salt - Read this factsheet for great ideas to reduce the amount of salt you eat.
- Key Facts: Sugar - Watch our video showing how much sugar can be found in snacks and fizzy drinks.
- Safe chopping videos - These videos show how to chop and prepare food safely
- The Importance of Water - Water is essential for us to keep ourselves healthy - find out more in our handy guide
- Vegetarian and Vegan’s Very Good Tips - Cutting out meat, fish, or animal products can be a big change in your diet, here are our top tips to make sure your diet is still balanced!