Here are some amazing recipes that are easy to make, healthy but most of all taste great. Try something new today.
- Breakfast Bars - This www.nhs.uk recipe is a great way to grab breakfast on the go - without all the added sugar from a shop bought version!
- Breakfast Trifle - This fruity trifle is perfect for the mornings, it will help to kick start your day
- Easy Omelette - Try this delicious omelette for a tasty breakfast
- Luxury Porridge - By adding fruit and yogurt to porridge this breakfast is delicious and filling
- Mini Omelettes - These are tasty hot or cold and can be kept for 2 days in the fridge!
- Overnight Oats - A fab alternative to porridge, prepare the night before to cut down on preparation time!
- Strawberry Smoothie - This deliciously fruity smoothie is a great way to get 1 of your 5 a day in at breakfast time
- Carrot and Coriander Soup - Packed full of tasty veg this soup is so easy to make
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup - A heart-warming delicious soup
- Easy Vegetable Soup - This delicious soup is perfect to warm you up when it's cold outside
- Hearty Vegetable Soup - This soup is warming and filling - perfect for those colder days
- Leek and Potato Soup - A smooth vegetable soup full of flavour!
- Minestrone Soup - This hearty soup is a great lunch, filling and plenty of your 5-a-day!
- Pumpkin Soup - A deliciously rich pumpkin soup.
- Tomato and Basil Soup - One of our favourite soups, try our tips to create different flavours
- Beefed-up Sarnies - Roast beef sandwich with loads of healthy extras
- Brazilian Avocado Salad - This colourful, crispy salad is great for lunch or as a side
- Brown Rice Salad - A tasty oriental dish that's quick to make.
- Carrot Salad - A slightly spicy crisp salad, perfect for a tasty lunch
- Cous Cous Salad - A yummy salad full of goodness, with chicken, pepper and sultanas
- Lunchbox Wraps - A quick, easy to make a crunchy salad and chicken wrap to put in your lunch box.
- Mediterranean Pitta - A fresh and tasty sandwich alternative - also great in a wrap!
- Muffin Pizza - Breakfast muffins make great lunch sized pizza bases
- Perfect Pittas - A slightly spicy, super tasty pitta
- Rainbow Wraps - Colourful and fun wraps, perfect for lunches
- Tuna and Tomato Pasta Salad - A delicious salad, perfect for lunch on a sunny day
- Baked fish with vegetables in foil - A lovely all-in-one baked dish that is full of nutrients.
- Cauliflower Pizza - Use cauliflower to create delicious pizza bases in this quick recipe
- Chicken & Mushroom Pie - This tasty dish offers a great alternative to pastry based pies
- Chicken and Vegetable Parcels - This yummy dish has an Oriental twist - use Quorn chicken pieces for a veggie alternative!
- Chicken Noodles - This one-pan dish is hassle free, full of taste and great for those who hate doing the dishes.
- Chilli Con Carne - Try our warm, spicy and delicious Mexican dish!
- Lazy Fish Pie - Make a comforting fish pie in a flash, with this super-speedy recipe.
- Sausage and Butterbean Stew - A lovely warming filling meal, perfect to boost your 5 a day
- Shepherds Pie - This is a classic family recipe - full of taste, very easy to make and a firm family favourite!
- Spaghetti Bolognaise - A traditional bolognaise sauce, great with spaghetti
- Speedy Biryani - This delicious dish takes just 30 minutes to prepare and cook!!
- Turkey Cacciatore - A tasty turkey treat!
- Caribbean Style Coleslaw - A delicious twist on a side dish favourite
- Cauliflower Rice - A great way to add another of your five a day, perfect with chilli or curry
- Easy Wholemeal Bread - Have fresh bread prepared and cooked in under one hour!
- Mint and Cucumber Dip - Perfect as a dip for our mini chicken kebabs, or with carrot, celery and cucumber sticks
- Potato Wedges and Salsa dip - These chunky, spicy potato wedges and this fresh, healthy salsa dip are a great side dish. Try adding them with your homemade hamburger!
- Roasted Tomatoes - Perfect as a side dish, for with a BBQ, or as the base for a salad
- Sweet Potato Mash - Great served as a delicious change to potato mash
- Chickpea Burgers - A great veggie alternative to our homemade burgers
- Healthy Veggie Lasagne - Vegetarians and meat-eaters alike will love this hearty and delicious veggie lasagne, which will tickle your taste buds.
- Lentil and Vegetable Cobbler - A delicious casserole with a scone topping
- Mexican Bean Wraps - Versatile and tasty, beans are perfect for veggie wraps and the whole family is bound to love them.
- Mushroom and Courgette Risotto - This rice based dish is delicious and a great way to squeeze some more vegetables into your day
- Pasta with a Ratatouille Sauce - A quick and simple way to serve this ever-popular pasta dish.
- Spinach and Chick Pea Curry with Feta Cheese - For a great night in, whip up this warming meal, serve with warm pitta bread or rice and salad and get comfy on the sofa!
- Vegetable Potato Bake - From www.childrensfoodtrust.org.uk, this is a firm favourite at the Cook and Eat Well HQ
- Veggie Paella - A twist on a Spanish classic - made meat-free!
- Caribbean Rice and Peas - A traditional side dish using rice and kidney beans
- Chicken Chasseur - A classic French dish - easily made in one pot
- Easy Jamaican Jerk Chicken - An easy tasty dish, perfect served with rice and peas
- Enchiladas - A classic Mexican dish
- Gazpacho - A traditional Spanish soup, best served cold!
- Goan Fish Curry - A tasty fish curry - Recipe courtesy of the Foleshillfields Vision Project Cooking Club
- Mushroom Stroganoff - A vegetarian friendly version of a traditional Russian dish
- Romanian Bean Soup - This is delicious as a soup, or thickened up as a main meal - taken from The Children's Food Trust
- Spinach and Tomato Fritatta - This Italian style omelette is packed with veg and flavour
- Thai Green Chicken Soup - A spicy Thai-inspired chicken soup
- Vegetable Tagine - A Moroccan stew, full of vegetables perfect with couscous
Beat the Takeaway
- Chicken and Potato Curry - Fancy a spicy, satisfying curry? Try this recipe out!!
- Easy Beef Burgers - A tasty treat! Simple and easy to make and much healthier than fast food burgers!
- Egg Fried Rice - This Chinese style dish is great as a side or add some veg to make it a main course!
- Fish and Chips - This breaded fish and homemade chips tastes great, and much healthier than the takeaway!
- Margherita Pizza - This classic pizza can be a base for any topping you want to try!
- Quick Pad Thai - This simple version of Thai takeaway favourite is quick and tasty
- Rogan Josh Curry - This spicy curry can be cooked using lamb, chicken, or quorn!
- Simple Chicken Curry - This easy 4 step curry is great for a quick tasty meal for the family
- Sweet and Sour Chicken - This is exactly like your favourite sweet and sour from the local down the road, but with fewer calories! Why not give it a try?
- Vegetable Chow Mein - This veggie chow mein tastes just as good as one from the takeaway!!!
- Vegetable Jalfrezi - This spicy dish crams in loads of your 5-a-day!
- Chicken Pasta Salad - Serve with salad for a perfect lunch on a sunny day
- Herby Yogurt Dip - Delicious served with chopped carrots and celery or as a dip for sweet potato wedges
- Homemade Hamburger - This juicy and delicious homemade burger is easy to make, perfect for an evening meal and so much more healthy than anything from a packet.
- Houmous - A chick-pea dip, perfect with a warm pitta or served with carrot or celery sticks
- Mini Chicken Kebabs - These mini chicken kebabs are easy to make, super tasty and can be served as a starter or main course. Great for a BBQ!
- Mixed Bean Salad - A great side dish for the BBQ or picnic
- Smoked Mackerel Pate - Perfect for an outdoor lunch with pitta bread and salad
- Versatile Veggie Kebabs - Veggie kebabs are a great way to brighten up your BBQ - get as many colours onto each kebab as you can!
- Waldorf Salad - This classic salad is delicious eaten in the sunshine!
- Cranberry and Orange Muffins - These muffins are a great festive treat and these are under 250 calories each!
- Lamb with Christmas Spices - A great alternative to turkey!
- Roasted Root Veg - Great as a side at any time of year - perfect in the winter with a roast!
- Spinach Dip - Perfect with crunchy vegetable sticks, or toasted pitta breads
- Turkey and Cranberry Salad - A great way to use up leftover turkey
- Turkey Shepherds Pie - This twist on a classic uses turkey and sweet potato for a great Christmas dish
- Apple and Blackberry Crumble - Perfect for Autumn evenings (or after a roast dinner!)
- Apple and Cinnamon Upside Down Pudding - Sweet, fruity and delicious
- Baked Apples - Perfect for using up extra apples
- Baked Banana - A quick fruity dessert to tempt your taste buds
- Banana Oat Pancakes - These pancakes are great on Shrove Tuesday - or as a healthier alternative to the usual pancake recipe!
- Blueberry Muffins - Try these scrumptious fluffy muffins, perfect as a breakfast or an afternoon snack.
- Carrot Cake Muffins - Try our carrot cake, a healthier option for cake lovers!
- Cherry Scones - Delicious scones with a fruity twist
- Chocolate Cupcake Surprise - Scrummy, delicious and chocolatey! From Let's Get Cooking
- Lemon cake - A healthier version of a classic
- Peach and Muesli Crunch - A crunchy, juicy version of a traditional crumble
- Pumpkin Scones - These tasty scones are great in the Autumn
- Quick Lemon and Strawberry Cheesecake - This cheesecake is quick and easy to make, a healthier version of a dessert classic
- Raisin and Banana Biscuits - These delicious biscuits are naturally sweet thanks to the fruit
- Tropical Fruit Kebabs with Lemon Dip - Perfect for summer evenings or after a BBQ
- Victoria Sponge - This classic cake is great for an occasional sweet treat